5 Super Foods that will Boost up your Hemoglobin Levels in no time:
Spinach is one of the best leafy vegetable that help in preventing and curing anemia. It is a rich source of calcium, Vitamins A, B9, E and C, most of all lIRON, fiber and beta carotene. It will also enhance your immunity level. It was discovered that half a cup of boiled spinach contains at least 3.2 mg of iron and this satisfies about 20 percent of the iron requirement for a woman’s body.
Ways To Get Most Of The Iron From Spinach
- You should make every effort to increase the quantity of spinach in your green vegetable salad and can include it with other green vegetables also like celery, broccoli, kale and watercress. Eat a plate full of green salad every day to get the best results.
- Boil the spinach leaves lightly in a cup of water and add necessary seasoning depending upon what you want it to taste like. Consuming spinach soup just two times a day will satisfy your daily iron requirement.
Beetroot is probably one of the best superfood for anemic patients.It is a vegetable that is filled with iron content. It is very beneficial for the repair and reactivation of your RBCs.Once the red blood cells are activated, the supply of oxygen also increases.
Ways To consume Beetroot:
- Beetroot can also be mixed with various green and leafy vegetables as well as different other vegetables like carrot, capsicum, tomatoes and so on.
- A cup of beetroot juice in the morning can be termed as the “Elixir for fighting anemia”.
Vitamin C is the main constituent in tomatoes along with lycopene. Vitamin C present in tomatoes helps in the effective absorption of iron. Tomatoes are also rich in beta carotene and Vitamin E and hence help in the overall nutrition of the body.
- Consume tomatoes with iron-rich foods to ensure the effective absorption of iron in your body.
- You can literally add tomatoes in any food that you like to ultimately increase your hemoglobin levels..
Peanut butter also a good source of iron. If you do not fancy the taste of peanut butter, you can also try eating a handful of roasted peanuts everyday to fight anemia. Only two tablespoons of peanut butter contain 0.6 mg of iron.
Ways To Get The Most Out Of Peanut Butter
- Drink orange juice along with the peanut butter spread bread will help in immediate absorption of iron in your body.
- Adding peanut butter instead of regular butter is also helpful if you have low hemoglobin levels.
There is an abundant iron content in lamb, beef and other red meats. It contains heme-iron which can be easily absorbed by the body as compared to any normal iron. The heart, kidneys, and the liver of the red meats are those parts which contains the highest quantities of iron. It is also a great source of Vitamin B12.
Consumption Of Red Meat
- Three ounces of cooked lamb or chicken or ham have about 1 to 2.5 mg of heme iron. Make sure to consume red meat at least two to three times a week to get the adequate amount of iron.
- Consuming 3 ounces of goat liver or chicken liver will help in increasing the red blood cell count as it contains approximately 2.1 mg of heme-iron.